Comprehensive Music Theory Course for Beginners
Embark on an extraordinary musical odyssey with our Comprehensive Music Theory for Beginners course, meticulously crafted to ignite your passion for music!
This exceptional journey, divided into three captivating modules, will lead you through the essentials of music theory and notation, the enchanting world of harmony and chords, and the fascinating realm of form and analysis.
Our expert instructors have designed this course to unveil the secrets of understanding music in a way that is both clear and engaging, ensuring that every lesson leaves you inspired and eager to learn more.
Whether you’re an aspiring performer or simply a music enthusiast, our Comprehensive Music Theory course will provide you with the foundational knowledge and skills required to unlock your full potential.
Delve into the intricacies of rhythm, melody, and harmony, and uncover the tools necessary to analyse and interpret your favourite pieces, empowering you to truly appreciate the magic of music.
Don’t miss this opportunity to transform your musical journey – enrol today and experience the joy of discovering the world of music theory!
Skills you will gain
Upon completing our Comprehensive Music Theory for Beginners course, you will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Mastery of music notation, including staff, clefs, ledger lines, note heads, stems, and rest values
- Understanding of time signatures and rhythms, including simple and compound time, dotted notes, ties, and syncopation
- Proficiency in major and minor scales, key signatures, and the Circle of Fifths
- Ability to identify and work with basic intervals and their inversions
- Development of ear training skills for recognising intervals by sight and sound
- Knowledge of triads, chord inversions, and diatonic harmony
- Familiarity with seventh chords, extended chords, and chord voicings
- Comprehension of musical phrases, cadences, and various forms, such as Binary, Ternary, Sonata, and Rondo
- Experience in modulation techniques, including tonicisation, secondary dominants, and pivot chord modulation
- Capability to analyse music, understanding harmony, melody, rhythm, and form in different genres (Jan LaRue Method)
Duration: 16 Lessons
Duration of each lesson: 60 minutes